Failure to Diagnose Cancer in Albany
Seeking Justice When Your Physicians Fail in Their Duty
When you or someone you love has been diagnosed with a cancer that an earlier diagnosis might have helped, you need an experienced, compassionate lawyer who has handled the complex medical evidence issues involved in a claim for the failure to diagnose cancer. At Dreyer Boyajian LLP, our Albany cancer misdiagnosis attorneys can help you through this difficult process and make sure that you receive the full and just compensation you deserve.
30 Years of Dedicated Experience in Failure to Diagnose Cases
Breast, rectal, colon and cervical cancers are treatable if detected promptly.
A delay or failure in the diagnosis of cancer can occur when a doctor:
- Ignores or fails to investigate patient complaints even though the doctor's examination is negative.
- Assumes that there is a benign source of the complaints without further investigation.
- Accepts the symptoms as a diagnosis, such as treating a person for anemia without finding its cause.
- Accepts x-rays or mammograms as definitive proof, when a thorough diagnosis can only be made after a biopsy; this is especially true of breast cancer misdiagnosis.
- Fails to follow-up or re-evaluate symptoms.
- Fails to review and follow-up abnormal lab reports and x-rays because the report is filed in a patient's chart before being read.
- Accepts negative test results without following up.
- Fails to interpret x-rays, mammograms and lab test results such as PAP smears correctly.
- Fails to get a complete, accurate medical history with all risk factors, including family, employment, environmental, and personal.
- Fails to perform a through, adequate physical examination to correlate his findings with the test results.
When a physician's malpractice causes a delay or failure in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, which results in a less positive prognosis for the patient, the physician may be held liable for the resulting damages. However, to gather all of the evidence necessary and to show that the appropriate standard of care has not been met, you need the knowledge, skill, experience, patience and personal attention of the attorneys at Dreyer Boyajian LLP.