Donald W. BoyajianManaging Partner
Donald W. Boyajian has been practicing law for over 35 years and is the Managing Partner of the firm. Don is a life-long resident of the Capital Region and has relied upon his deep roots in the community to better serve his clients.
Early Legal ExperienceAfter completing law school, Don worked as a confidential law assistant at the Appellate Division, Third Department. Soon after entering private practice, Don found his calling fighting for the rights of accident victims.
Over the next 30 years, Mr. Boyajian prosecuted numerous high profile cases and has obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of victims of construction accidents, maritime accidents, toxic torts, and defective products, as well as medical and nursing home malpractice.
Honors & Achievements
Don was featured on the cover of Super Lawyers Magazine in 2008 and affirmed then what he adheres to currently – a deep commitment to each client's case, large or small.
In addition to litigating individual actions, Don Boyajian has successfully handled a number of significant multi-party and class action claims on behalf of victims of toxic pollution, as well as financial and consumer fraud. As President of the Capital Region Affiliate of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and Board Member to Fund Legal Justice Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York, Don regularly advocates for full and fair access to the justice system by all aggrieved parties.
- New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Classes and Seminars
- Speaker: New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Ride Share Liability (Uber/Lyft), 2017
- Moderator: New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Decisions, 2015 - Present
- Speaker: New York State Trial Lawyers Association Decisions - Deposition to Win 2013, Ethics 2012, Labor Law 2011, Discovery, 2008 - 2012
- Speaker: New York State Bar Association Guide for the Up to Date Litigator, 2001 - Present
- Speaker: New York State Bar Association Basic Civil Practice and Practical Skills Seminar, 1994 - Present?
Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, New Hampshire
- J.D. cum laude - 1981
- Law Journal: Annual Survey of New Hampshire Law Journal, Assistant Editor, 1982
Union College, Schenectady, New York
- B.A. cum laude - 1978
- Major: Political Science
Past Employment Positions
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department, Confidential Law Assistant, 1981 - 1982
- Town of Waterford, Attorney, 1985 - Present
- Saratoga County, Assistant District Attorney, 1987 - 1988
- New York State, Senate Ethics Committee, 1986 - 1988
Honors and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell: A.V. Pre-eminent rating
- Super Lawyers, Hudson Valley Top 25 & Upstate New York Top 50, 2007 - 2016
- Diplomat, The National Trial Lawyers, 2016 - Present
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocate's Forum
- Top 12 Albany's Finest - Metroland, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Capital Regional Affiliate, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, President
- Federal Court Bar Association, NDNY, Trustee
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Armenian Bar Association, Member
- Albany County Bar Association
- Saratoga County Bar Association